- Follow Stern Productions on WordPress.com
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Cannot load blog information at this time.
- Watch: Go BTS of the Magical 'Mary Poppins Returns'There's magic in the air. We're less than one week from a sequel over 50 years in-the-making finally heading to theaters, and so now feels like an appropriate time to visualize how it was all put together. The film in question, Rob Marshall's mega-budget live-action/animation spectacular Mary Poppins Returns, flies into movie houses on Wednesd […]
- Xenon FF-Prime Lenses Provide Full Frame 4K CoverageSchneider-Kreuznach Xenon Full Frame Primes. In today’s fast moving technological world, the evolving advances of digital cinematography are moving at extraordinary rate. While camera sensors are already in the 8K resolution range, the demand for lenses with a unique character is increasing. Many cinematographers don’t want the clinical look of today's […]
- Make Better Films by Avoiding These 5 Beginner MistakesYou're going to make mistakes as a filmmaker, but maybe you won't have to make these ones. Filmmakers are humans, so it stands to reason that they are, in fact, completely fallible. It doesn't matter if you're the ultra-gifted second-coming of Kubrick himself—you're going to make mistakes and it's going to suck when you do. That […]
- Die Hard 6 News: The Film Formula That Just Won’t Die!Die Hard is getting a prequel simply titled ‘McClane’ as Bruce Willis proves his iconic film formula just won't die... Die Hard is truly the franchise that just won’t die… hard. While the original came out thirty years ago in 1988, it’s gone on to be not only an action movie classic, but also a Christmas holiday favorite. It’s also noteworthy not just f […]
- 'House of Cards' Creator Beau Willimon on Making Power Struggles Cinematic'Mary Queen of Scots,' directed by Josie Rourke and written by Beau Willimon, views a classic story through a 21st-century lens. Power struggles are inherently interesting fodder for the screen. Few know this better than Beau Willimon. The House of Cards creator built his screenwriting career penning the intricate machinations of Machiavellian type […]
- Reports of the Death of DNx on Mac Might have been PrematureAvid and Apple release more information to let filmmakers plan for their future workflows as 32 bit applications loose support. Read More
- Feeling Lonely? This is the Film Festival For YouIf you've got a film short film about loneliness, consider submitting to the Unlonely Project this winter. We all use art to work out any demons that linger on in the mind, and loneliness is one of the most relatable demons of all. In a study released by the Foundation for Art & Healing, emerging research indicates that over one-third of American ad […]
- 'BlacKKKlansman,''The Favourite,' and 'A Star is Born' Lead the 2018 SAG Award NominationsWhich 'star will be born' at this year's ceremony? Awards season marches on! The nominees for the 25th Annual Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards were announced this morning, honoring the very best in on-screen performances of 2018. Selected by a jury of their peers (i.e. actors), the SAG nominations are typically viewed as the strongest prognost […]
- 'The Shining,' 'Jurassic Park,' 'Brokeback Mountain,' and More Join the National Film RegistryFinally, 'The Shining' doesn't get overlook(ed). In the age of the digital, film preservation is incredibly important. As more films make the switch from celluloid to pixels, the art of film archiving (and in effect, film saving) has never been more necessary, making sure that the history of motion pictures isn't lost to forthcoming forma […]
- More News and Specs on Panasonic’s 8K Organic Sensor CameraThis new Panasonic 8K Organic Sensor is looking pretty insane! First reported just over a month ago, the long rumored (and now confirmed) collaboration between Fujifilm and Panasonic has dropped some more info about this “8K Organic Sensor” behemoth. Let’s take a look... Read More
- Watch: Go BTS of the Magical 'Mary Poppins Returns'