- Follow Stern Productions on WordPress.com
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Cannot load blog information at this time.
- This Budget Video LED Light Kit Will Only Set You Back 100 BonesNeed an LED light kit that won't break the bank? In the past, lighting a film required the use of big, expensive studio lights, but nowadays, indie filmmakers can get away with using cheap LED kits that are powerful, accurate, and small enough to fit in your pocket. In this video, Caleb Pike of DSLR Video Shooter demonstrates how you can use these budge […]
- CoverflyX Lets You Exchange Script Notes with Other Screenwriters for FreeWant some feedback on your screenplay? This P2P service lets you to exchange script notes for free. The writing process for many screenwriters is a solitary one. Holing up in a dark room for days or weeks at a time, those blank pages begin to fill up until, at last, you've got your first draft. The problem that proceeds this joyous moment is the very th […]
- 10 Mistakes You Might Be Making in After Effects (and How to Avoid Them)Are you making any of these 10 boo-boos when working in After Effects? Every editor has their own personal approach to their craft, one that they've found works for them and the projects that they typically edit. However, every editor, whether a complete noob or a 30-year vet, has a little room to grow, evolve, and do away with some of the bad habits th […]
- Is MoviePass Manipulating User Reviews on Rotten Tomatoes to Get Butts in Seats?Here's a closer look at why the marketing team behind 'Gotti' is attacking film critics. Each week on Indie Film Weekly, we like to bring up a few movies that are hitting theaters. One film we didn't mention last week was the limited release of a new John Travolta vehicle called Gotti. Now, I know what you’re thinking, we’re usually all o […]
- 'Money is a Man-Made Roadblock': How a Filmmaker Took Control of Getting His Work SeenConsisting entirely of footage found on Youtube, a new documentary discovered a release strategy that suited the director's vision. An impassioned advocate for microbudget cinema as well as an independent producer in his own right, New York-based Dan Schoenbrun is no stranger to No Film School. After providing countless filmmakers with professional advi […]
- Sigma Starts Shipping Its Full Frame Sony E-mount LensesThe still and cine lens company takes the next step in its Art prime series. Sigma is now shipping five of the nine Art prime lenses for the Sony E-Mount camera systems it announced back in February. The 20mm, 24mm, 35mm, 50mm, and 85mm are the first off the assembly line for video and still shooters with the 14mm, 70mm MACRO, 105mm, and 135mm in the waiting […]
- Field Test: ProRes RAW is a Legit ImprovementYou don’t need RAW when it’s beautiful. You need it when it’s not. In an ideal world, every single shot on set would be perfectly exposed, correctly color balanced, and would need only artistic touches in post. However, in reality, there are times when shots are just not properly exposed. Maybe the C camera operator forgot to set the menus correctly and you […]
- Calling All Creators of Color: Here's How You Could Win $25K!Start a new crowdfunding project with Seed & Spark and end up in the running for this new grant. Seed & Spark has managed to separate itself from the crowded crowdfunding space by heaping benefits upon their creators. Their new grant, in partnership with both Erika Alexander’s diversity-focused media company Color Farm Media and the entertainment and […]
- 'Breaking Bad', 'Billions' Editors Share the Pros and Cons of Entering the Post Field TodayTop editors discuss their craft and give their thoughts on the state of cinematic TV. According to the editors behind some of the biggest shows on TV, this is indeed a golden age for television...and especially for editors. During a panel moderated by Michael Berenbaum (Sex and the City) at this year's Sight, Sound & Story Post-Production Summit in […]
- How I Went From Directing My First Spec Ad to Primetime TV Spot in Eight MonthsHere are some lessons learned in my journey to becoming a commercial director. In 2016, I started to see my favorite directors make these 30 second to 5-minute pieces of branded content that were up there in quality with my favorite short films. They were telling powerful stories that incorporated a product or a brand message without shoving it down your thr […]
- This Budget Video LED Light Kit Will Only Set You Back 100 Bones