- Follow Stern Productions on WordPress.com
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Cannot load blog information at this time.
- Check Out the “World’s First Wireless Lens Data Overlays” From Teradek and SmallHDNew firmware updates will allow overlays to be displayed directly onto SmallHD monitors. In what is a “world’s first” for wireless video transmission technology, Teradek and SmallHD have teamed up to release new firmware updates which will allow for lens data overlays to be transmitted via a CTRL.1 Single Axis Lens Controller to your SmallHD monitor of choic […]
- 7 Tips for Making Your Smartphone Cinematography More CinematicThese tips will help you take your smartphone filmmaking to the next level. The best camera is the one you have, right? Right! If the only camera you have is the one in your smartphone, then you might be stressing over the hurdles that you have to jump over to make your cinematography look as good as possible. However, filmmaker Zach Ramelan shares 7 tips in […]
- Sony Unveils New RXO II 4K Action Camera with a Flip-Up ScreenThe Sony RXO II includes internal 4K video, image stabilization and a neat little flip-up screen to boot. For all those action cam-ers out there, Sony may have just dropped the biggest (er, tiniest) bombshell on the block with their new Sony RXO II action camera. An update to their RXO camera which was released just two years ago, the RXO II looks to stand o […]
- How to Choose a Lens (and Why) According to DP Bradford YoungAcclaimed DP Bradford Young shares insights into how he chooses his lenses. In an insightful interview with director of photography Bradford Young (best known for his cinematography work on Selma, A Most Violent Year and Arrival), we get a rare peek into the planning and decision-making process of one of the best DPs in the industry. Cinematography is truly […]
- Have You Seen 'The Best Quentin Tarantino Interview Ever'? Well, here it is... Back in 2013, Quentin Tarantino sat down for a LONG interview covering his entire body of work at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival. It's been referred to in various corners of the internet as the greatest interview Tarantino has ever done. He's never shied away from talking about his work, and in this instance, he r […]
- Can AppleTV+ Change Hollywood and Streaming Forever? Apple announced Apple TV+, a new home for creative storytellers featuring exclusive original shows, movies, and documentaries, coming this fall. We've talked a lot about the streaming wars and what they mean to the future of the film and television industry. Well, Apple has finally unveiled AppleTV+, their foray into the streaming service. While we don […]
- Shooting Live Music in Nashville’s Most Iconic Listening Room for SXSW’s “Bluebird” With Blackmagic Design’s URSA Mini Pro SJeff Molyneaux, the DP of the new documentary “Bluebird,” that premiered at this year’s SXSW Film Festival, is no stranger to shooting live music. Based in Nashville, Molyneaux’s resume includes the TV series Music City and Real Country as well as numerous branded spots for Chevy, Ram, Aflac and Reddi Wip. Jeff’s documentary style of shooting has made him a […]
- Lessons from the Best Comedy Movies (Free Screenplay Downloads)It's hard to be funny. We assembled some of the best comedy movies of all time to help you learn how to write a comedy screenplay. Lists of the best comedy movies rarely have lessons or things that can benefit the writer. Most are designed to get people talking, and sometimes they even want to annoy us, so I decided to pick ten comedy movies I think are […]
- How the Cinematography of 'Game of Thrones' Tells Its Epic Story A camera operator shares what they love about being behind the camera for 8 seasons. I truly believe that Game of Thrones is a show that has really marked the changing of times while it has been on the air. The show has evolved with special effects and digital cameras, and as it enters its eighth season, things have never looked better on the screen. The CGI […]
- Apple Updates Final Cut Pro X and Finally Drops Legacy FormatsFCP X, Compressor and Motion are all updated to move on from QuickTime 7. As video editors with legacy formats have been keeping an eye on for several months now, Apple has finally updated its Final Cut Pro X (version 10.4.6) to as part of its transition to macOS technology (read more about why here). While Apple has been warning about this for some time, it […]
- Check Out the “World’s First Wireless Lens Data Overlays” From Teradek and SmallHD