- Follow Stern Productions on WordPress.com
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Cannot load blog information at this time.
- Die Hard 6 News: The Film Formula That Just Won’t Die!Die Hard is getting a prequel simply titled ‘McClane’ as Bruce Willis proves his iconic film formula just won't die... Die Hard is truly the franchise that just won’t die… hard. While the original came out thirty years ago in 1988, it’s gone on to be not only an action movie classic, but also a Christmas holiday favorite. It’s also noteworthy not just f […]
- 'House of Cards' Creator Beau Willimon on Making Power Struggles Cinematic'Mary Queen of Scots,' directed by Josie Rourke and written by Beau Willimon, views a classic story through a 21st-century lens. Power struggles are inherently interesting fodder for the screen. Few know this better than Beau Willimon. The House of Cards creator built his screenwriting career penning the intricate machinations of Machiavellian type […]
- Reports of the Death of DNx on Mac Might have been PrematureAvid and Apple release more information to let filmmakers plan for their future workflows as 32 bit applications loose support. Read More
- Feeling Lonely? This is the Film Festival For YouIf you've got a film short film about loneliness, consider submitting to the Unlonely Project this winter. We all use art to work out any demons that linger on in the mind, and loneliness is one of the most relatable demons of all. In a study released by the Foundation for Art & Healing, emerging research indicates that over one-third of American ad […]
- 'BlacKKKlansman,''The Favourite,' and 'A Star is Born' Lead the 2018 SAG Award NominationsWhich 'star will be born' at this year's ceremony? Awards season marches on! The nominees for the 25th Annual Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards were announced this morning, honoring the very best in on-screen performances of 2018. Selected by a jury of their peers (i.e. actors), the SAG nominations are typically viewed as the strongest prognost […]
- 'The Shining,' 'Jurassic Park,' 'Brokeback Mountain,' and More Join the National Film RegistryFinally, 'The Shining' doesn't get overlook(ed). In the age of the digital, film preservation is incredibly important. As more films make the switch from celluloid to pixels, the art of film archiving (and in effect, film saving) has never been more necessary, making sure that the history of motion pictures isn't lost to forthcoming forma […]
- More News and Specs on Panasonic’s 8K Organic Sensor CameraThis new Panasonic 8K Organic Sensor is looking pretty insane! First reported just over a month ago, the long rumored (and now confirmed) collaboration between Fujifilm and Panasonic has dropped some more info about this “8K Organic Sensor” behemoth. Let’s take a look... Read More
- How This 23-Year-Old College Student Landed a Dream Cast For Her First FeatureKendall Goldberg started making her first feature, 'When Jeff Tried to Save the World', while she was a sophomore in college. Making your first feature is challenging enough, but being a full-time student while making your first feature seems nearly impossible. 23-year-old Kendall Goldberg made it happen with When Jeff Tried to Save the World, whic […]
- Busy Shopping for the Holidays? Save on an Artist's Rendering of Famous AuteursPerfect for the family that gathers around the television to watch 'Blue Velvet' around Christmas. With the holiday season in full swing, it can be difficult to shop for your favorite cinephile friend or family member. While Blu-rays and DVDs may have been a reliable "go-to" in the past, the current age of digital media has rendered hard […]
- 'Mandy' Will Not Win the Academy Award it DeservesJóhann Jóhannsson's final score will not be eligible for the Oscars. For some, the argument could be made that 2018's psychedelic horror masterpiece, Mandy, deserves to pop up in multiple categories over the course of this awards season. The film is unlike anything we've really ever seen before, with director Panos Cosmatos' insane vision […]
- Die Hard 6 News: The Film Formula That Just Won’t Die!