- Follow Stern Productions on WordPress.com
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Cannot load blog information at this time.
- The Long and Short of Tape: How to Use It like a Pro on a Film SetWhether you're a one-man-band or a 1st AC on a major production, you're gonna wanna know how to use tape on a film set. Tape: a glorious invention that peaked its sticky head out in 1845 and went on to evolve and change to suit every user's needs, whether it was to seal wounds after surgery, waterproof grenade cartridges, or, you know, to make […]
- Steven Spielberg Will Not Netflix and Chill Into That Good NightHollywood’s biggest old school name takes on Hollywood’s newest superpower. Get out your popcorn because titans are clashing! According to Indiewire, Steven Speilberg continues to make no bones about his views on the theatrical experience and the at-home alternative. “I hope all of us really continue to believe that the greatest contributions we can make as […]
- Watch What It's Like to Hear Your Name Called on Oscar Nomination MorningIt's an honor just to be nominated. "Oscar nomination morning" is always an exciting day for the industry at large, as peers get nominated and careers are subsequently made (or reestablished) in the process. Just what would it be like to find out you were nominated for an Academy Award? Well, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AM […]
- Students in U/S. & Canada: Apply for the Nikon Storytelling Scholarship10 undergraduate or graduate student winners will receive $10,000 from Nikon to develop their visual craft. Last year Nikon launched its first attempt at the Storytelling Scholarship, where Nikon offered up cash incentives for students to continue their work in a visual medium. Based off of its success and impact for the Nikon brand, the company is running i […]
- How ‘Black Panther’ Composer Ludwig Göransson Worked with West African Musicians to Create an Oscar-Nominated ScoreHow a long-lasting partnership culminated in an Oscar nomination. When composer Ludwig Göransson moved from his native Sweeden to pursue his dreams of film scoring at the University of Southern California, he had no idea that he’d find an equally ambitious collaborator, and that their partnership would lead them both to the 91st Academy Awards. His partnersh […]
- Screen One of 'Into The Spider-Verse's Special Features EarlyGet ready to go back to the multiverse... Did you love reading the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse screenplay as much as seeing the movie? Were you obsessed with watching the behind the scenes footage from the movie? Well, nerds, the wait is over. Miles Morales, Peter Parker, Spider Gwen, and Peter Porker are headed to your living room. Sony announced that […]
- A Look Into How ‘Office Space’ Became a Cult Comedy ClassicAnd how Mike Judge’s 'Office Space' still feels funny and fresh 20 years later… If you follow the genre trends of the past 100 years (here’s a great infographic on the subject), you’ll notice that one genre has remained steadily popular throughout the years - comedy. And while no bets are safe when making a movie, it is interesting to think about s […]
- How One Oscar-Nominated Doc Made the Most of Its Archival FootageA Standing Room Only event that will have you knocked to the floor. Billed simply as a "Pro American" Rally, 20,000 anti-Semitic, Nazi enthusiasts descended upon New York's Madison Square Garden 80 years ago tomorrow (February 20th, 1939), to celebrate their world views and particular hatreds. Men, women, and children gathered for the event, a […]
- Michael Jackson Gets Investigated in Powerful 'Leaving Neverland' TrailerIs the King of Pop guilty? A four-hour documentary on the sexual allegations held against the late pop icon Michael Jackson, Dan Reed's Leaving Neverland was the subject of much controversy when it premiered at the 2019 Sundance Film Festival earlier this year. Protestors showed up (albeit in small amounts) to Park City, Utah, to defend Jackson, a man w […]
- Check Out Ava DuVernay Interviewing the 'Spider-Verse' DirectorsWant to learn how the 'Spider-Verse' made it to the big screen? You swung your web to the right place... We all know Ava DuVerney gives great filmmaking advice, but did you know she was also a great interviewer? She recently sat down with the directing team behind Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse (Peter Ramsey, Bob Persichetti, and Rodney Rothman) […]
- The Long and Short of Tape: How to Use It like a Pro on a Film Set